Near the heart of Huntington Beach, streets and streets of historical home and townhome living. It is just a short stroll to the iconic Huntington Pier or choose from exciting dining, shopping options, restaurants and night life on Main Street, 5th & PCH, and Pacific City.
If you are looking to move to a beach community, where walking or bike riding are minutes to the beach and downtown shopping and entertainment, this is the neighborhood for you.
- Places to eat & drink
- Things to do
- Farmers Market
- Places to shop
- Places to stay
- Huntington Beach Downtown Walking Tour
Huntington Beach Resources:
Places to eat in Downtown Huntington Beach
Downtown Huntington serves up a variety of food. From Mexican, seafood, Italian, and more. Here’s the downtown Huntington Beach dining guide.
- Aloha Grill – Hawaiian food
- Avail’s El Ranchito – Try Mama’s Chicken Tortilla soup
- Banzai Bowl – Acai bowls & smoothies
- BLK Earth Sea Spirits – Upscale with a view
- Bodhi Tree Vegetarian – Vegetarian & vegan menu
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse – Craft beer, Chicago-style pizza, and pizookies
- Bruxie – dishing up gourmet waffle sandwiches, plus fries & desserts
- Cucina Alessa – Speciality fresh pasta
- Cruisers Pizza Bar & Grill – Genuine Midwest Vibes with Great Eats, Craft Cocktails, Sports, Music, and more!
- Duke’s – Hawaiian style seafood & steak
- Dos Toros Mexican Grill – Modern grill
- Fred’s Mexican Cafe – Ask for the secret menu carne asada fries
- G’s Boat House – Seafood in a laid- back atmosphere
- Gallagher’s Pub HB – Live Bands, Family Friendly, Dog Menu & more
- Graceland Speakeasy – a fully furnished hideaway with comfortable lounge seating
- Grater Grilled Cheese – Gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches
- Henry’s Restaurant – Fine dining
- HQ Gastropub – Oceanfront gastro-lounge experience
- Jan’s Health Bar – Sandwiches, soups, salads, smoothies
- Java Point – Coffee shop with bagels and pastries
- The Longboard Restaurant & Pub – Seafood pub food, and drinks
- No Ka OI– Hawaiian breakfast & happy hour
- North Shore Poke Co. – Customized poke
- Milk & Honey – Order the Lavender Latte
- Offshore 9 – Rooftop lounge in The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel
- Pacific Hideaway – American fusion with brunch till 3 PM
- Ritter’s Steam Kettle Cooking – Order the Creole Pan Roast
- Ruby’s – Burgers, fries, malts with 360 degree ocean view
- Sancho Tacos – Voted Best Breakfast Burrito in OC
- Sessions West Coast Deli – Gourmet sandwiches
- Sugar Shack Cafe – Local surfer breakfast & lunch spot
- Surf City Ale House – Offers appetizing meals featuring local and seasonal cuisine
- Sushi on Fire – Extensive fusion & traditional sushi menu
- Tanner’s – Rooftop bar
- TK Burger – Voted Best Burger in OC
- Watertable – Fine dining at the Hyatt Regency Resort
- Zero Zero Pizzeria – An array of classic & creative pizzas, pastas, sandwiches, & snacks in a rustic cafe setting
Places to eat at Pacific City
Pacific City features an array of oceanfront dining options. To outdoor patio dining, lounges and a food dining hall, there’s something for everyone.
- The American Dream – Burger, fries, 60 craft beer on tap
- Bear Flag Fish Co. – Order the secret menu Poke Burrito
- Bluegold – Globally inspired fine dining
- Burnt Crumbs – Order the famous Spaghetti Grilled Cheese
- Hans’ Homemade Ice Cream – Ice Cream & treats made in house
- Frosted Cupcakery – Handcrafted fresh throughout the day
- LSXO – Awarded in Orange County’s 2019 Bib Gourmands
- Ola Mexican Kitchen – Homestyle local’s secret spot
- Old Crow Smokehouse – Southern BBQ with live music
- Phans55 – A foodie-favorite Vietnamese restaurant
- Philz Coffee – A coffee bar with custom-blended coffees
- Popbar – All-natural gelato or yogurt, served on a stick
- Portola Coffee Roaster – Gourmet sandwiches
- Simmzy’s – Craft beers & burgers
Nightlife in Downtown Huntington Beach
When the sun sets in Surf City USA, the good times continue to roll.
- 2nd Floor– American-fusion fare is served amid tattoo wall art at this clubby bar & eatery with lots of TVs.
- Aloha Grill– Rainbow-colored frozen drinks are mainstays at this Hawaiian spot with island vibe.
- The Bungalow– Light eats & cocktails in a rustic-chic cottage setting with multiple bars, a patio & ocean views.
- Black Bull Chop House– Dimly-lit eatery with rich decor serves steakhouse fare & turns into a sceney nightclub on weekends.
- Dude’s Brewery– A brewery in Pacific City.
- Gallagher’s Pub– Irish bar & grill boasts brew, grub & live entertainment including bands & comedians.
- Hurricanes Bar & Grill– Bar & party spot has DJs, light-up dance floor, 2nd-floor patio & bottomless mimosa brunches.
- HQ Gastropub– Rock music with great cocktails and foo
- Killarney Pub and Grill– Whiskey & regional beers paired with across-the-pond eats such as fish ‘n’ chips in bustling space.
- Longboard Restaurant & Pub– Features 17 brews on tap and killer Jamaican-style jerk chicken wings.
- Main Street Wine Company– Specializing in boutique California wines, enjoy wine tasting.
- Offshore 9 Rooftop Lounge– Tallest rooftop bar in Orange County.
- Old Crow Smokehouse– Enjoy live country music every Friday & Saturday night.
- Pacific Hideaway– Craft cocktails and chic eateries.
- Huntington Beach Beer Company & Restaurant– Every Friday and Saturday night live DJ.
- Baja Sharkeez– Lively bar & eatery with simple Mexican fare & multiple margaritas draws happy-hour & game day fans.
- Tanner’s– Classy restaurant/bar with contemporary decor & New American dishes, plus a patio with water views.
- Watertable– Rustic-chic Hyatt bar/eatery with refined, regional comfort food, vintage wines & local craft beers.
Are you wondering WHAT YOUR HOME IS WORTH, in today’s market. If you have any questions you may call or text me at 909-260-8228 and we can chat about the market. I would be happy to answer any of your questions.
About JoAnn Dickinson
I’m JoAnn Dickinson, lifestyle blogger and Broker at JoAnn Dickinson Homes, Inc. I live and work in the Orange County Area and love everything this beautiful area has to offer. If you live in Huntington Beach or surrounding communities or are thinking about moving here, you have come to the right place! Stay up to date with Orange County Lifestyle, Events, Restaurants, Outdoors, Real Estate and more!