Huntington Beach Real Estate Broker JoAnn Dickinson of JoAnn Dickinson Homes gives you tips on selling a home in the Orange County area.
Thinking About Selling Your Home?
Here are 5 important factors to consider when determining the value of your home.
1. Location: It is important to look for sales in the same neighborhood or better yet, find a home that sold on the same street as your home.
2. Date of Sale: Real estate can fluctuate from month to month or year to year. Look for homes that sold within the last 3-6 months.
3. Same Architecture: Look for the same architectural style, floor plan, number of bedrooms/bathrooms and close to the same age as your home.
4. Features and Upgrades: It is very important to look for homes that are in the same condition as your home. Upgraded kitchen & bathrooms, fresh paint, new windows & flooring, newer roof & beautifully landscaped. The value of the home can increase based the condition and will draw the buyers if it has great curb appeal as well.
5. Sale Type: Short Sales and Bank Owned Properties are distressed properties. Never use distressed properties as a comp when determining your listing price. Depending on the condition they can bring the price of your home down.
There can be many other factors when considering the value of a home such as access, room additions/permitted or unpermitted rooms, VIEWS & condition. Call or text us today at 909-260-8228. We can evaluate your property for FREE and with no obligation.
Click to read our Reviews on Zillow to learn more about us and our “Home Selling” track record.
Are you wondering WHAT YOUR HOME IS WORTH, in today’s market. If you have any questions you can call or text me at 909-260-8228 and we can chat about the market. I would be happy to answer any of your questions.
About JoAnn Dickinson
I’m JoAnn Dickinson, lifestyle blogger and Broker at JoAnn Dickinson Homes, Inc. I live and work in the Orange County Area and love everything this beautiful area has to offer. If you live in Huntington Beach or surrounding communities or are thinking about moving here, you have come to the right place! Stay up to date with Orange County Lifestyle, Events, Restaurants, Outdoors, Real Estate and more!